& Booking Requirements
Policies & Booking Requirements
All rafting equipment is included in the full payment. No additional charges are applicable after full payment is made. Photos are not included in the full payment required for booking.
- Individuals must provide a Mastercard or Visa upon making a reservation*
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Cash, or Debit at our Canmore Office (909A Railway Ave. Canmore, Alberta, Canada,T1W 2P3).
- We accept Visa and Mastercard for online reservations. We do not accept Visa Debit online.
- All pricing is in Canadian Dollars and is subject to a 5% GST charge.
- We do not take payment at our River Base.
- A Confirmation Email with a payment receipt will be sent to the email provided during the booking process.
Individual Bookings and Group Bookings (9 Participants or More):
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
*Payment will automatically be taken from the Visa or Mastercard used to reserve your booking if you do not make payment before your payment deadline.
Cancellations by Guests
We require 48 hours notice (prior to your tours departure time) to cancel or change your tour without penalty.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or more before your departure time are eligible for a full refund
- Cancellations within 48 hours of your departure time are not eligible for a refund*
- No-shows are not eligible for a refund
- If you reduce the number of guests 48 hours or more before your departure time – a reduction in price will be given to reflect the updated number of participants
- If you reduce the number of guests within 48 hours of your departure time you will still be charged for all guests that were booked prior to the 48 hours notice required for cancellations or changes
Group Bookings (9 or More) and Private Tours:
We require a 1 week notice (prior to a tours departure time) to cancel or change a tour without penalty.
- Cancellations made 1 week or more before your departure time are eligible for a full refund
- Cancellations within 1 week of your departure time are not eligible for a refund*
- No-shows are not eligible for a refund
If you reduce the number of guests 1 week or more before your departure time– a reduction in price will be given to reflect the updated number of guests
- If you reduce the number of guests within 1 week of your departure time you will still be charged for all guests that were booked prior to the 1 week notice required for cancellations or changes
We require 2 weeks notice (prior to a tour’s departure time) to cancel or change a tour without penalty.
- Cancellations made 2 weeks or more before your departure time are eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of your departure time are not eligible for a refund*
- No-shows are not eligible for a refund
If you reduce the number of guests 2 weeks or more before your departure time– a reduction in price will be given to reflect the updated number of guests
- If you reduce the number of guests within 2 weeks of your departure time you will still be charged for all guests that were booked prior to the 2 weeks notice required for cancellations or changes
*Exceptions may be made in certain circumstances subject to the discretion of Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. This includes but is not limited to: family or medical emergencies, death, unforeseen transport/access issues due to accidents or road blockages.
Cancellations by Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc.
Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. reserve the right to cancel or change a tour at any time for any given reason. This includes but is not limited to:
- Adverse water
- Dangerous weather and related conditions
- Safety concerns
- Insufficient bookings
Wherever possible, Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. will provide advanced notice of cancellations or changes before your tour departure. In the event of a cancellation by Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. a comparable solution will be offered. It will be at your own discretion whether you choose to accept the solution offered or request a full refund. If Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. changes the location of a tour (i.e. from the Horseshoe Canyon to the Kananaskis River) due to safety concerns, you are not eligible for a refund as this is considered a comparable solution.
Booking Notes and Requirements
Bookings must be made in advance to participate in one of our tours – we do not accept walk-ins or last-minute arrivals.
For individuals, we accept bookings (provided there is space available) until 8:00pm MST the night before for tours on the Bow River – Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Tour and 9:00am Kananaskis Whitewater Tour and 11:00am MST the day of a tour for the 1:30pm Kananaskis River and Kananaskis Surf Trip.
Included in Your Tour
- Certified, professional river guides
- All river gear and equipment. Including:
- River boots
- Splash jacket
- Life jacket
- Hot or cold beverages (weather dependent)
- Group changing rooms
- Nearby restroom facilities
- Secure storage
- Photos – available for purchase at rafting.ca 24-72 hours after your tour
What to Bring
- Swim suit
- Dry clothes for after
- Bug spray (optional)
- Optional clothing for cold weather: fleece sweater, toque and gloves (not cotton)
- Sunglasses (at your own risk)
Age and Weight Requirements
- The minimum age requirement for our Bow River Nature Floats is 4 years old. No minimum weight requirement.
- The minimum age requirement for our Kananaskis Whitewater Tours is 5 years old and a weight of at least 45lbs/20kgs. Both age and weight conditions must be met.
- The minimum age requirement for our Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Tour and Kananaskis Surf Trip is 12 years old and a weight of at least 90lb/40kg. Both age and weight conditions must be met.
- Please provide the age of all children participating in a tour at the time of booking.
- The maximum weight restriction is 350lb/158kg for all tours.
Participating in River Rafting comes with risk. Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. takes all precautions to ensure guest safety, however, there are still risks with River Rafting.
To take part in any of Canadian Rockies Rafting and Adventures Inc. tours, every guest must complete a waiver prior to the departure date of the tour. Once booked in for a tour, the waiver will be available to complete online. By signing the waiver, you acknowledge that you fully understand and assume all risks associated with River Rafting and waive your legal rights in case of injury or incident.
For those guests 18 years and under, a parent or legal guardian will assume these risks and sign on their behalf.
What information do we collect?
When booking or registering on our site, you may be asked to provide:
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit Card Information
- Age or other details
When do we collect your information?
We collect information when you:
- Make a booking
- Register for a newsletter
- Submit an inquiry
- Complete a pre-trip questionnaire
How do we use your information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To quickly access your transactions or prepare for your departure
- To send periodic emails regarding your booking
- Confirmation emails
- Payment receipts
- Tour updates, changes or cancellations
- Information regarding products and services (if you sign up to our newsletter)
- An optional survey after your tour to provide feedback
- To respond to inquiries or requests
- Market tour mailing list after the original transaction has occurred
If you wish to unsubscribe to emails or marketing correspondence – please notify [email protected] so we can honor your opt-out request as soon as possible in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act 2014.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer information to outside parties
- Our website is regularly scanned to find any holes or vulnerabilities
- Your personal information is contained behind secure networks through regular malware scanning and is only accessible to those with special permissions and are required to keep information confidential
- All sensitive information supplied to us is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- Financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and not stored or processed on our servers
Third party disclosure
As we offer third-party products and services on our website, information will be shared with hosting partners who assist us in conducting business or providing services to you. A condition of this information being shared is that these parties keep all information confidential.
We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance-notice.
We may release your information when appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or other’s rights, property or safety.