Bow River Horseshoe Canyon
Class 2-4 Whitewater Madness, Cliff & Jumping
Jump right into adventure
3.5 - 4 hours
Calling All Adventurers, this One’s for You!
Take things up a notch on our thrilling half-day whitewater adventure with cliff jumping on the Bow River Horseshoe Canyon less than one hour from Banff, Canmore, and Calgary. Exciting, yet accessible, this wet and wild whitewater experience is suitable for ages 12 and up. Expect thrills, adventure, and striking scenery you won’t believe!
Curving out from the front range of the Canadian Rockies, the Bow River’s Horseshoe Canyon has been drawing thrill-seekers with its big waves and spirited class 2-4 whitewater rapids for decades. The steep walls of the shale canyon also offer an excellent opportunity to view large birds of prey and nesting cliff swallows. If you’re feeling extra edgy, why not get the ultimate thrill and try a heart pumping cliff jump? Don’t worry, the cliff jump is optional!
- 7:25 am – Check-in at our office; 909A Railway Ave, Canmore, AB T1W 1P3
- 7:30 am – Depart office for River Base
- 7:50 am – Check-in at our River Base; The Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino – 888 Nakoda Way, Kananaskis, AB
- 8:05 am – Go time!
*If waters are too high, we won't be able to run this tour unfortunately. We will however, run the Kananakis Surf Trip instead.
schedule & equipment
What to Bring:
- Swimsuit and a towel
- Warm fleece or sweater on cooler days
- A bag for your dry clothes
- GoPro, sunglasses (optional)
- Lots of energy!
What We Supply
- Transportation to and from the river
- Professional (and entertaining) river guides
- Life jacket, wetsuit, helmet, river shoes, splash jacket
- String for retaining eyewear
- Change rooms/restrooms (Stoney Nakoda Resort)
- Secure storage unit for personal belongings
- Hot or cold beverage (weather dependent)