After a safe and successful 2020 rafting season, Canadian Rockies Rafting is excited for another epic season on the water. We continue to follow the most up to date regulations surrounding Covid-19; keeping the safety of staff and guests at the forefront of our operation. We are fully set up to provide you a safe, fun and memorable river adventure. Below you will find our outlined Covid-19 procedures to give you an idea of what to expect.
The Basics – Summary;
- One group/cohort family per raft; keeping with social distancing procedures, each group gets their own raft with adequate spacing between your group and the guide.This allows for a more personalized experience as your guide is all yours.
- All gear is washed and disinfected after every use; like previous years, all gear and equipment is washed and disinfected, however, extra measures have been implemented to the cleaning process; gear get thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and dried before it goes back into circulation.
- Covid-19 procedures; face masks, hand sanitizer and social distancing is expected and enforced throughout your trip for your safety and the staff’s.
- We require a minimum of 4 people per raft to a maximum of 7 people per raft, all from the same cohort family/group. Maximum number can vary depending on your group, call or email for further information.
- You’ll be asked questions upon booking. If answer “yes” to any of the booking questions we won’t be able to take any of your party rafting.
Two Day Confirmation;
- You’ll be contacted via email two days prior to your trip departure with Covid-19 specifics questions. If any question is answered with “yes” we will not be able to take any of your party rafting and ask you contact us immediately.
When contacted, these are the questions we will be asking;
- Have you, or anyone in your party, been outside of the country in the last 14 days?
- Are you, or anyone in your party, displaying symptoms of Covid-19?
- Have you, or anyone in your party, been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
Check In/Gear Up Process;
- When you arrive at our river base located at the Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino, you will be greeted by a member of staff who will check you in and ask you the above questions again.
- Once answered, you will be assigned a table for your party. Please stay at that table, no mingling around the base area.
- We will ask one group at a time to complete the waiver forms.
- After waivers are completed, we will ask a table at a time to come get gear.
- We encourage changing at the car, however, there are changing rooms. There is to be only one group at a time per change room.
- Once changed, we ask you to head back over to your assigned table for the safety talk.
- After the safety talk, we will invite you to load the bus.
- We will ask one group at a time to load the back of the bus forward. Please leave two rows of seats between each group.
- You will be required to wear a non-surgical face mask while on our transport.
On The River;
- Relax and have fun, it’s your group and one guide per raft.
- Masks won’t be required to be worn by you on the river. The guide will have one in case they need to be in close proximity to you or your group members.
End Of Trip;
- Once off river, same bus procedure from above – please sit in the same seats as you were seated going to the river.
- At the base, please use the same change room and table you used when you arrived.
- Keep in mind the 2 meter social distancing measures.
- All staff will be around to answer any questions about the trip or inquires on how to get the photos.
The above policy and procedures have been implemented for the safety of staff and guests. All the measures have been implemented based off the guidelines from the World Health Organization, Alberta Health, Alberta Ministry of Transportation and PROAOA which, is the Professional River Outfitters Association of Alberta.
We are excited for the 2021 summer season and hope to see you soon!